About Bay Engineering
A precision engineering company based in Weymouth, Dorset on the Lynch Lane Industrial Estate. We are committed to providing high quality CNC machined components while providing prompt and efficient customer service.
Established in 2001 by Steve Balem and Darren Taylor as a management buyout of ESA Precision Engineering, a company which had been trading for over 25 years. Steve and Darren are both time served engineers with over 55 years’ experience between them. Darren's apprenticeship was served at UKAEA Winfrith whilst Steve's was served at ESA Precision Engineering, so he has been with the company since he left school moving up through the ranks from apprentice to managing director. Bay Engineering Dorset Limited moved into a new purpose built 6000 sq. ft. factory in 2012.
We believe in...
- Supplying all our customers, with varying precision engineering needs, with exactly what they require.
- Responding to all enquiries, questions and issues quickly.
- Supplying precision components and assemblies that surpass expectation.
- Being realistic and accurate with delivery dates.
- Constantly improving our CNC machine shop and its processes.
- Being helpful and approachable.
- Quality machined parts.
We accomplish this by...
- Investing in high quality, new, versatile CNC machines.
- Using the latest and greatest CAD/CAM software.
- Employing the best skilled engineers and maintaining a program of constant training in the latest technologies.
- By having custom written production control software.
- Prioritising office duties so that things customers are waiting for such as quotes, questions and progress reports are dealt with first.
- Quality CNC machined components.
- Precision assemblies.
- Parts made on time, with the level of traceability you require.
- An efficient, knowledgeable and friendly precision engineering company.
- A manufacturing supplier you can rely on, every time.